The Boilermaker Advantage
The International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmith, Forgers and Helpers (IBB) is a union that was established to implement the natural right of workers to organize.
The Boilermaker trade was recognized as a stand-alone craft over 300 years ago. Over 130 years ago, Boilermakers and Iron Ship Builders from across North America established this union so that workers could secure work with dignity along with improved wages, hours, working conditions and other economic advantages through collective bargaining. To learn more about the Boilermakers union in Canada click here.
Today the Boilermaker Union still works to achieve those goals stated above. Today's union members have a large range of skills to perform the physical work of constructing, repairing, maintaining, inspecting and operating the industrial and military infrastructure that allows us all to function freely in a modern and global economy.
The IBB gives back to society with many local and national initiatives that assist the communities in which our members or facilities are located. Many of the members of the union also work to improve our modern society by volunteering in their communities. The IBB supports our troops and the Helmets to Hardhats (H2H) program.
What is the Boilermaker Advantage?
As a Member of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers you can take advantage of:
- representation by the most progressive union in North America
- excellent wages, health and welfare and pension benefits - that could improve your current lifestyle
- career opportunities and advancement
- strong contractual obligations with some of the largest employers in North America
- a union that will work to protect and secure your interests and future
- safe and secure working conditions
- state of the art training facilities and instructors
- the ability to practice, upgrade and re-certify your skills as required
- a membership website that provides you with the latest member information, upcoming jobs/manpower requirements and the Boilermaker Virtual Campusİ for those who wish to learn at their own pace
- the ability to travel and accept job placement in other provinces
Our employers and clients benefit from the "Boilermaker Advantage" as we have a large membership base of highly skilled boilermaker members who are ready, willing, and able to work in any condition, anywhere in North America, on very short notice. Our focus is getting the job done right the first time with zero lost time accidents.
To achieve and maintain an advantage in today's competitive global economy, workers need a union that provides unity, progress and protection that goes hand-in-hand with industry's and society's need for access to safety focused, highly skilled and productive working people. The International Brotherhood of Boilermakers is the union that can provide this service.
Take a moment to consider the Boilermaker Advantage and how it can provide a rewarding career for you or how it can help your business operations to succeed. To apply online for membership click here or to find a Boilermaker office near you click here.